Summer Intern, Market Analysis and Planning at Hub Group
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: Support departmental initiatives - project-based, reporting, and analysis
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learn and use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, etc. to perform assigned projects
- Explore potential for optimizing current predictive forecasting models
- Complete assigned projects according to individual specifications and deadlines
- Work with team members to develop and communicate both requirements and results for assigned projects
- Generate and run periodic reporting using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Maintain and enhance current processes while balancing time commitments to work on projects as assigned
- Work with team members to ensure that price and cost data are up-to-date and synchronized across disparate systems and planning tools
- Full time student in a relevant undergraduate degree program; including: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Management, or any other applicable analytic field for the duration of the program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Experience using and/or training on Microsoft Excel (coursework or professional setting)
- Experience with programming languages and statistical packages such as SQL, Python, R etc. preferred
- Experience with presentation software such as Tableau a plus
- Experience with or desire to work with large data sets
Our summer internship runs from May 2018 to August 2018. It is 40 hours per week Monday thru Friday. To qualify you must be an undergraduate student for the duration of the internship.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.