Software QA Automation Engineer at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath's employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we're only getting bigger. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
- Work with other developers and testers to define and automate test cases to further our Continuous Integration/Deployment goals.
- Finds bugs; use our software from a customer point of view and find problems that need fixing
- Ability to clearly communicate at both the project and issue levels
- Analyze "hard to test" scenarios, develop new ways test them, and overcome challenges
- Periodically makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area
- Demonstrated ability to interpret project specifications (requirements, architecture, functional and design) and create test cases.
- Provides project or technical support in the development, analysis and maintenance of systems, software, processes, products or equipment. Assignments may involve more difficult issues; therefore uses experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult but infrequent.
- Familiar with principles, theories, concepts and technologies to work on generally complex operational or technical activities and an applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- Continually try to get into new corner cases of testing by increasing the complexity of test coverage.
- Ability to set up complex test scenarios to simulate various environments involving many varied systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field is preferred
- Experience in white-box and black-box testing of software
- Proven experience in test automation using a modern functional and/or OO programming language. C, C++, or Python are preferred
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Mac operating systems
- Hands-on manual and automated testing experience for desktop and mobile
- Front-end testing experience with large scale websites
- Experience testing REST web services and the JSON data format
- Familiarity with Scrum or other agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with agile tracking tools such as Jira
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with excellent communication skills
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and team-oriented
- Thorough understanding of QA concepts and quality standards for products and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of performance and load testing is a plus
- Familiarity with video encoding or related technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with video editing, broadcast equipment, and/or broadcast workflows is a plus
- CMS experience
- Python, C or C++ experience is a plus
- CI/CD experience
- Cloud-based IaaS experience, e.g. AWS, GCE, or Azure
- Mongo experience is a plus
- IPTV/OTT video experience
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.