Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Wisconsin
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for maintaining smooth production flows on all lines while safely producing a high quality product in the most efficient way possible. This position is responsible to lead operations for hourly employee and to drive continuous improvements in safety, quality, on time delivery and productivity.
• Organize, lead and supervise production employees; solving problems before they develop.
• Provide assistance, coaching and guidance to line employees; fostering an environment that allows them to accomplish daily tasks and achieve goals.
• Champion safety culture.
• Collaborate with other manufacturing supervisors to schedule overtime and execute to labor plan.
• Communicate and follow-up effectively.
• Manage a shift of 50 employees.
• Delegate responsibilities.
• Manage daily production boards and hourly target feedback.
• Observe and evaluate line processes and personnel.
• Direct day-to-day activities, including work force movements, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation, etc.
• Perform daily system functions to track production scanning, consumption, errors, etc. Maintain accurate records and employee files
• Lead and motivate by example.
• Set expectations and hold employees accountable.
• Process daily employee issues and complaints; actively listen and provide feedback.
• Facilitate and assist with special projects, customer requests, samples, etc.
• Work closely with the quality control department, assisting with information gathering and follow-up.
• Assist with selection, hiring, advancement, transfer, promotion and termination decisions for the department.
• Evaluate employee performance. Administer employee discipline as needed. Assure a safe work environment.
• Manage continuous improvement projects as assigned.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• Associate's degree or Technical education or commensurate experience.
• 4 years of supervisory experience or more.
• In depth understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience. Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to line personnel.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues. Ability to coach, lead and develop employees.
• Ability to make sound/independent decisions relating to order/production issues.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree.
• Kronos experience.
• SAP experience.
• MES experience.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Product weight: up to 100 lbs
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.