Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The General Mills Buffalo Plant manufactures Flour and Cereal products for our North America Retail and Convenience and Foodservice Business segments. The flour products are targeted to a wide variety of customers within our Convenience and Foodservice division. Our cereal products include a variety of sizes and packing configurations of Cheerios, Honey Nut and Very Berry Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Corn Chex and Honey Nut Chex. This plant has a long history in Buffalo and began as a flour mill in 1903. Today, the plant focuses on achieving its Destination Zero journey by focusing on our Zero Loss principles as well as in building a One Buffalo culture.
The Flour Mill Operations Manager is expected to be an active member of the plant leadership team and help set the direction for the entire site of approximately 400 employees (81 salaried support leaders and 319 production team members). This position has 4 direct reports, 8 indirect functional reports and 75 production employees. This position reports to the Plant Manager and works closely with the Minneapolis Flour Convenience & Foodservice Sales Team.
In this role, you will gain experiences in the following areas:
* Manufacturing technical depth and understanding, specifically in Flour Milling
* Leading and influencing large scale change including driving results and repeatable success through zero loss culture elements
* Line Centric Model and approach
* Servant Leadership skills and experience
* Coaching and delivering results through direct reports
* Guide, educate, coach, develop and motivate work group to achieve required Human Safety, Food Safety, and Production Results
* Ensure all production employees have the ability to drive results year in and year out.
* Create an environment where all employees are encouraged & developed to reach their full potential in meeting department/business goals.
* Foster a strong working partnership with all functions to support plant objectives.
* Ensure efficient, safe, & sanitary processing & packaging working towards zero losses.
* Ensure that production facilities and finished products meet the company and government standards of quality, sanitation and safety.
* Provide business leadership that demonstrates commitment to department and plant goals on a day to day basis.
* Develop short and long term strategies to drive, productivity, organizational effectiveness and improvements in key plant priorities and metrics.
* Ensure effective interchange of information between operations department and support resources at the plant and from within GMI. Participate on the Operations Team, including developing and leading divisional efforts and influencing decisions that will impact the plant.
* Ensure the proper selection, training, development and motivation of the team to maximize current and future performance.
* Lead and support plant continuous improvement initiatives.
* Model the Company and Plant's Behaviors and Values
* Contribute as an integral part of a senior plant leadership team to drive the plant strategy and culture.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Milling Science
* 7 years manufacturing or related experience
* Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or other applicable experience
* Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with the floor including building positive employee relations and developing a Zero Loss Culture
* Effectively delivered results through others by managing salaried employees and/or leading cross-functional teams
* Strong leadership skills including the ability to effectively lead change
* Ability to create and lead strategic initiatives
* Solid business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrated understanding of technology (i.e. complexities of products, machinery, and costs)
* Good financial analysis and resource allocation skills; experience developing productivity pipeline is preferred
* Project management experience preferred
* Develop & manage a budget
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.