Posted in Manufacturing 30 days ago.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
The Q.C. Lead Laboratory Technician performs analytical testing to support production of industrial chemicals. Analytical results are communicated to plant personnel to continue batch processing. The Q.C. Lead Laboratory Technician also performs standard laboratory work that supports this effort (housekeeping, solution preparation, instrument maintenance, etc.).
Follow all plant HSE rules, policies and procedures. Communicates any safety concerns to Quality Manager and/or HSE Specialist.
Support the plant’s quality management systems and its compliance with pertinent quality standards.
Maintain safe working conditions and practices.
Perform analysis upon receipt of raw materials and on manufactured products at various stages of production.
Calculate adjustments or corrections and communicate appropriate instructions to production personnel.
Approve or quarantine raw materials and/or finished products within specified guidelines.
Record analytical data on in-process paperwork and into the LIMS.
Prepare and standardize reagents.
Troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation.
Perform all other tasks as required by Quality Manager.
1. Fully participate in plant HSE initiatives including performing periodic audits and housekeeping inspections.
2. Instill discipline and accountability in the execution of all procedures, especially Life Critical procedures. Lead this effort by example.
3. Enforce Solvay Life Savings Rules and all other site safety rules and procedures within the operations departments, other plant personnel, as well as contractors that are working onsite. Lead by example.
4. Assure appropriate HSE training is provided to all direct and indirect reports.
5. Assure all safety inspections and audits are performed and documented.
6. Conduct periodic inspections to assure compliance to existing safety rules and procedures and to assess the effectiveness and need for other risk reduction activities within the departments.
7. Participate in regulatory and internal audits as needed.
8. Represent Solvay through daily actions that reinforce the corporate values demonstrating personal commitment to a safe, healthy and environmentally sound workplace for employees.
9. Conduct or direct the completion of investigations of incidents or near misses, as appropriate, and insure corrective actions are identified, assigned, and completed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in chemistry is preferred
Experience: Two years professional experience working in a quality control laboratory.
Experience working with laboratory instrumentation including HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV/Vis, KF and titrators.
Ability to work rotating 8 hour shifts.
Ability to work while standing for extended periods.
Ability to lift ~ 25 – 30 pounds.