Posted in Other 27 days ago.
Type: Full Time
GLOBAL ALLIANCE MANAGER, ANALYTIC PLATFORM
Job Locations US-NC-Cary HQ
Global Alliance Manager, Analytic Platform
As Global Alliance Manager, Analytic Platform at SAS, you ll be responsible for developing Alliance and Channel strategies to align with SAS overall journey to deliver as a service solution offerings.
In this role, you ll act as an advisor for the partnering strategy around third party value add technology, APIs and other complementary offerings in support of the Alliance and Channels revenue targets and objectives. You ll also drive SAS and Partner incremental revenue growth by enabling partners to position, co-sell, sell and implement complementary offerings as well as SAS products and services.
What you ll do
* In consultation and alignment with CIS, GTP, LOBs and Product Management, develop business strategies for the development of third-party value-add components and offerings for our SAS Cloud environment.
* Develop partnering frameworks that include the development of a validation/certification program and potential SAS services to support. This includes consideration for publishing API specifications that partners would need to adhere to before being considered for our Hosted Managed Services catalogue. Working with Product Management and R&D to ensure that with CICD a third-party program utilizing our APIs will remain current.
* Develop scalable and reusable assets that support the development of third-party value add components and offerings.
* Develop standards with CIS for third party solution offerings (packaging, installing, naming standards, etc.).
* Develop due diligence requirements for both Legal and CIS including a risk and liability assessment.
* Develop and maintain key relationships with cross functional teams at SAS including Product Management, Product Marketing, Education, Professional Services/Consulting, Global Technology Practice, and Partner Marketing in support of strategic enablement and planning.
* Lead collaboration efforts with partner and partner facing personnel such as Growth Initiative Alliance Managers, regional Alliance teams, PSD, and Partner Pre-sales team to understand partner business models, partner ecoystems, market opportunities and develop supporting enablement plans.
* Work with Partner Program and Partner Marketing on a communication and marketing plan to create awareness and drive interest with partners in participation.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities required
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of industry standards, methodologies and best practices to support the growth of direct and indirect channel business with the ability to review, analyze and synthesize polices to facilitate understanding and usage by the constituents.
* Experience with API application functionality and integration with applications.
* Knowledge of partner programs and marketplaces that facilitate partner co-innovation and co-selling.
* Experience with cloud-based, hosted, multi-tenant secure solutions.
* Understand container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
* Strong & practical experience with SAS foundation technologies (data management, analytics and visualization), architecture and resources.
* Excellent communication skills including presentation skills and the ability to create compelling messages.
* Strong project management experience and ability to lead project team to ensure completion of goals and objectives.
What we re looking for
* At least 8 years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions with partners in the software industry including related products and services.
* Alliance, Sales, or Professional Services management knowledge and experience within the software industry.
* Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams while maintaining governance to avoid escalations and exposure.
* Experience in crafting and delivering proposals and/or messaging to a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
* Proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a client or partner organization.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Work Location: Cary, NC
* Ability to travel 20% of the time or as business needs require.
Other nice to haves
* Pre-sales and/or business consulting experience
* Familiarity with Hadoop and other Big Data infrastructures
* Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java
* Knowledge of Software as a Service integration technologies
* Experience using web services and JSON
* Experience with SQL query development
* We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see what you ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified sas.com email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.