Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Under general supervision of the, Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Director and/or as delegated by the Registered Nurse, assists in the delivery of patient care throughout the Cancer Center or at any of our owned sites (for example, Bozeman, Miles City). Works within the scope of licensure as a licensed practical nurse. Applies identified evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, spiritual needs of the patient and family, and contributes to the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic Cancer Center and Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Becomes cross-trained in the following nursing specialties: Radiation Oncology, Supportive and Palliative Care, Medical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Oncology Care Navigation, and Infusion.
• Participates in the development of the strategy of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team by providing data; identifying priorities; setting realistic and measurable goals; identifying measures to maintain comfort, support human functions and response and maintain an environment conducive to well-being; and provide health teaching.
• Implements and documents safe patient care consistent with Billings Clinic and departmental values/goals, policies & procedures and according to scope of license.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic and departmental safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate departmental skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles and improve the quality of patient care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients and/or families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Floats as needed within the Cancer Center.
• Floats as needed to Bozeman Oncology.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Maintains a minimum of 2 CE's for both breast cancer and stem cell education per year
about 4 hours ago
Rocky Vista University
about 6 hours ago
about 7 hours ago