Member Debt Solutions Manager at USAA
Posted in Collections 30+ days ago.
Location: Phoenix, ArizonaJob Description:
Purpose of Job Manages a team responsible for protecting the financial interests of USAA to support Default Services, Repossession, Collections Support, Credit Bureau Dispute, or other collection efforts for all levels of delinquency. Motivates staff toward the attainment of departmental goals and develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Ensures compliance with all prescribed internal policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
We are currently seeking talented Manager, Mbr Debt Sltns for our Phoenix, AZ facility.
- Develops employees and provides coaching and feedback to facilitate professional development and career progression.
- Manages employee performance, assesses training requirements, evaluates individual training needs, and promotes the development of effective team relationships.
- Oversees and monitors team's day-to-day operations and represents the department on initiatives and projects.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness.
- Designs and implements operating procedures that provide improved member service and enhanced internal efficiencies.
- May serve as project sponsor or business manager in special projects or initiatives.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of changes in regulations, and the industry that may impact operations.
- May respond to regulatory inquiries and/or internal inquiries as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 or more years of collections, financial services, or relevant experience within the industry
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- At least 3 years of hands-on collections experience (active or past)
- Experience leading team development, coaching, and training of Collections teams and/or Call Center Operations
- Familiarity with a Call Center Model process
- Open availability for shifts between the hours: Monday-Thursday 6am-8pm and Friday-Saturday 6am-4:30pm
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/11/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.