Senior Technology Architect - US at Infosys
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Infosys Public Services is the leader in consulting, technology, and next-generation services. We partner with US and Canadian public sector organizations to help them stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our technology solutions, combined with proven best-practices and execution excellence enable our clients to renew themselves and build new capabilities to improve mission outcomes.
We are pushing the limit of what is currently possible – towards completely new areas. And then executing these ideas to perfection.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Technology Architect / Subject Matter Expert (SME4) for our Rockville, MD location.
The Subject Matter Expert provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments; high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation; and advice on complex problems. Participates as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, training and presentation phases. Applies principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific task order requirements. Makes recommendations and advises on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: Information Systems Architecture, Networking, Telecommunications, Automation, Communications
Protocols, Risk Management/Electronic Analysis, Software, Life-Cycle Management, Software Development Methodologies, Modeling and Simulation.
The SME4 provides advanced technical skill set knowledge. SME4 possesses unique subject matter expertise in highly specialized and emerging IT technologies spanning the gamut of applications, operating environments, tools and data management. Examples include: data warehousing and science, compliance analytics, Thunderhead NOW, state-of-the-art self service delivery technologies, unified communications and collaboration, cloud based development platforms and agile development methodologies.
SME4 examples include acknowledged industry leaders and/or PHD level:
- Data Scientist
- Expert Scrum Master
- Enterprise wide Agile framework and methodology implementation
- Cyber security and authentication
- Enterprise and program architects and analysts specializing in risk, troubled program remediation, and future state design
- Extensive experience with big data technologies, including AB/testing, data fusion and integration, crowdsourcing, genetic algorithms, machine learning, natural language processing, signal processing, simulation, time series analysis and visualization.
- Confers with client executive management using industry expertise to define the client's strategic enterprise information technology business goals, and advises in the reengineering of high level business processes to meet these goals.
- Demonstrates extensive experience and ability to analyze extremely complex client requirements and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrates extensive experience and ability to provide technical experience in highly specialized technical and professional areas on an enterprise–wide scale.
- Demonstrates experience in deploying professional business and/or technical solutions across organizations with more than 40,000 users, or across smaller complex organizations with public/government/media exposure, or in other organizations where such expertise was relied upon to pursue new technologies, design lines of business, or defend business decisions before third parties.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of technologies/business practices and lessons-learned applicable to large enterprises, large scale projects, and enterprise-wide deployments.
- Demonstrates extensive experience in the development of best practices for enterprise-size clients.
- Expert in various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Provides expert, independent services and leadership in areas relevant to a particular Task Order by supplying highly technical and specialized guidance concerning deployment of solutions to complex information processing problems.
- Possesses superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to Agency counterparts.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a federal government clearance
- 12+ Years of Experience
- Superior credentials and industry leading expertise.
- Experience building and implementing technical architecture for a large system
- Experience providing technical guidance for a large development team
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment
- Experience working with CXO / VP level executives
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following technologies: Java Applications; Mainframe applications; IBM WebSphere MQ; IBM WebSphere Portal Server; IBM Operational Decision Manager
- Knowledge of product architecture and product functionality
- Knowledge of support and maintenance processes
- Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies (like water fall model, agile, iterative etc.)
- Knowledge of the release management processes/benchmarks
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive, relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education. Candidate's that have completed a Master’s degree program strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree
The job entails an extensive amount of travel. The job also entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
IPS strictly complies with U.S. employment verification and anti-discrimination laws. An applicant hired by IPS must be able to establish authorization to work in the U.S. IPS does not sponsor individuals for U.S. work visas, though exceptions may be evaluated on a case by case basis, at the sole discretion of the company.
Infosys Public Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.