Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sunnyside, Washington
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
The Social Services Coordinator plans the provision of medically-related social services to residents, allowing residents to attain the highest physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
* Responsible for obtaining and documenting the resident s psychosocial history upon admission and updating quarterly and as resident s status changes, arranging counseling services as necessary.
* Responsible for identifying and seeking ways to support residents individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices.
* Responsible for making arrangements for obtaining needed adaptive equipment, clothing, and personal items including making referrals and obtaining services from outside agencies.
* Coordinates social services by participates with the management team in care planning and development.
* Ensures that all entries in the clinical record are informative and descriptive of the services provided, while maintaining organized and orderly work records.
* Assists in the preparation of the department s budget and ensures that social services department operates within established budget.
* Responsible for maintaining communication and contact with family, while encouraging their participation in care planning.
* Conducts and assists in coordinating resident and family support groups including the development of programs for special needs residents.
* Provides discharge planning services by working with the facility management team, resident, resident family and physician.
* Responsible for following facility fire safety, hazardous material, and infection control practices report any unsafe conditions or equipment to administrator immediately.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, promoting resident rights, dignity, and confidentiality standards.
* Attends and participates in training sessions, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Must have medical records experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to success.
* Ability to creatively problem and be a team player, well-organized, and flexible.
* Associate Degree and meet State certification requirements, a minimum of 1 year working in geriatrics.
* Experience with budgets and recordkeeping helpful.
KEYWORDS: senior living, senior care, new grad, long term care, LTC, social, social services, post acute, post-acute, social services assistant, social services director, social services coordinator, skilled nursing, assisted living, bachelor's in social services, assisted living, hospice
Prestige Care Rehabilitation - Sunnyside::
At Prestige Care Rehabilitation Sunnyside, we are dedicated to providing the assistance, independence and dignity and respect our patients deserve, promoting a positive and healthy environment that empowers them to achieve their highest level of independence. The inter-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances. Our dedicated staff and providers help to measure recovery journeys every step of the way to make sure you or your loved one is receiving the right level of care, and to assist in helping individuals return home with an active, independent lifestyle:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Employer paid group life and ADD insurance
401(k) plan with company match
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Commitment to career development and continuing education
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
*Benefits may vary by location::::::