Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Kansas
Postal/Zip Code: ((66854))
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a part of Oldcastle Materials Company, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is diversified with public, private and commercial work including paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities, potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
Quarry Worker/ Heavy Equipment Operator - Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Quarry Worker/ Heavy Equipment Operator today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
· Maintain cleanliness of yard or plant.
· Operate various types of equipment such as dozer, loader, skid steer, man lift, forklift, water truck, mixer truck and sweeper.
· Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
· Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used inn quarry operations.
· Will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers and others at the work site.
· When working with co-workers and others at the work site, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
· Perform servicing and maintenance of equipment as trained and directed by management.
· Perform daily pre-and post- inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA / Environmental regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Perform general labor duties as assigned.
· Perform maintenance on plant equipment as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
· Previous related experience in construction field, specifically with heavy equipment operation is preferred.
Keywords: Laborer; Quarry; Hartford; Kansas
What Oldcastle Offers You
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.