Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
* Job Search
* Save Search
HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) GENERALIST
North America, USA, Mississippi, Olive Branch
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone s life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success!
Smiths Medical is currently hiring a Human Resources (HR) Generalist in Olive Branch, MS.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist will support and coordinate site HR department functions, provides effective human resources guidance and support in staffing, performance management, employee relations, orientation, policy/procedure interpretation, and recognition. They will also maintains HR system/record integrity and provide administrative support for HR Processes.
At Smiths Medical we offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline. Responsibilities
* Coordinate talent acquisition processes
* Global Recognition Site Coordinator for recognition programs
* Performs various administrative functions. Maintains HR systems/data bases, records and postings ensuring compliance and integrity
* Assists with Performance management and Employee relations (policy/procedure interpretation)
* Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the contingent workforce processes. Works with temporary agency representative in placement and separation processes. Enters and tracks on a database all contingent workers on site
* Coordinates temp to perm placements and processes. Coordinates background checks and drug screenings
* Maintains job requisition files
* Completes PAs and manages onboarding processes and communication
* Prepares PAs and communication for employee changes
* Assist with AA plan as needed
* Interviews candidates as needed
* Coordinates and promotes of Global Employee Recognition Programs. Coordinates nominations, works with Site Coordinator to determine recipients, recommends and purchases awards. Runs reports and communicates to HRSC as needed. Maintains system records for awards
* Coordinates Living Well and other employee events
* Coordinates New Employee Orientation and on-boarding processes. Communicates with key stakeholders
* Responsible for the completion of I-9s and submission to the HRSC.
* Coordinates and monitors signed job descriptions and other required forms for personnel files (hires/transfers)
* Orders/maintains necessary supplies, forms, etc
* Maintains necessary tracking systems and sends reminders
* Maintains y drive folders for record retention
* Prepares and distributes site communications as needed
* Responsible for HR postings including employment mandated posters
* Runs reports as needed. Prepares reports for site meetings (Quality, facilities, monthly HR report, etc.)
* Responsible for the integrity and maintenance for HR systems (Pathfinder, Oracle, Globalview, etc.)
* Coordinates job descriptions, titling and grade process. Enters job descriptions into Pathfinder Database for approval and grading. Requests title creation. Maintains job descriptions in site folder
* Monitors ethics training reports and maintains compliance
* Initiates appropriate paperwork for system changes (titles, supervisor, promotions, salary, etc.)
* Timecard approver for certain situations (leaves, outstanding, etc
* Assembles and maintains personnel files and records. Responsible for record retention
* Coaches managers on policy/procedure interpretation
* Coordinates Handbook updates/roll outs
* Coordinates reasonable suspicion/post accident drug screening processes
* Distributes Amex warnings as needed
* Drafts separation/severance letters and agreements and prepares packets for separating employees. Coordinates severance process
* This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
* Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement
* Bachelors Degree in human resources or related field
* 5 -7 years of experience supporting HR-related processes/programs of which 2 years were in a HR generalist role (employee relations, performance management, etc.) Or equivalent experience
* Current knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
* Strong background in HRIS and Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more! About Us
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Smiths is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply Now Apply with LinkedIn