Pricing Coordinator at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Annandale, VirginiaJob Description:
This position will provide various pricing support functions as related to the required proposal submission deliverables for OD entities. Working as an essential part of the OD proposals and business development teams, this position will be central towards the provision of competitive and accurate pricing submissions. Within the first year the candidate is expected to be fully proficient regarding Varieties of Data Input, Pricing Model Construction, Data Analysis, Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiencies, Cost Minimization Modeling, Subcontractor Data Integration, and Fringe/WD/CBA Analysis, all of which are considered vital components inherent in this positions functionalities. In addition, this position will also provide support in writing pricing narratives and other related technical deliverables.
- Supports the Pricing Manger in all pricing efforts for the Logistics and Security Divisions by developing competitive pricing models.
- Assists in coordinating with the proposals team and the appropriate divisional leads with respective data analysis and input.
- Produces technical pricing write-ups as required by Request for Proposals.
- Collects and analyzes data relating to current and predicted market conditions, cost overhead, or competition pricing in order to recommend pricing strategies.
- Assists the Pricing Manager by Coordinating workloads, and building schedules and priorities with the current Pricing Manager and the Director of Proposals.
- Supports in the coordination of final pricing reviews with the appropriate divisional leads.
- Works with the appropriate leads to manage subcontractor pricing when necessary.
- Provides accurate and up to data analysis of health and welfare rates, detailed labor burdens, payroll taxes, wade determinations, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Provides and demonstrate advanced proficiencies in Microsoft excel.
- Ability to simplify complex data analytics in an understandable and workable fashion.
- Capable of integrating subcontractor pricing data into prime models.
- Ability to work efficiently with pricing representative counterparts from other primes and sub-contractors.
- Ability to follow up and meet deadlines in a proactive and anticipatory fashion.
- Willingness to attain a working understanding of the Government procurement regulations and Government negotiations in accordance with the TINA, FAR, JTR, DFARS, FASA, and ITAR regulations.
There are no anticipated supervisory responsibilities for this role.
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree preferable in one of the following related disciplines: Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Quantitative Methods, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or Econometrics.
- 0 to 2 years direct commercial pricing experience.
- Experience working in high-growth organizations with limited support processes/services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an advanced and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required above all else. Preferably this would include some of the following abilities: the construction of dynamic business related formulations, business related macro construction, financial function utilization, cost minimization, and profit maximization functionalities.
- Verbal and written communications skills required.
- Ability to take initiatives, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
- Ability to attract, motivate, direct and support a small, energetic ventures team, working within a culturally diverse organization.
- This position will receive support and training from the current pricing manager regarding the responsibilities mentioned; however, the candidate must primarily possess and clearly demonstrate a very strong Microsoft Excel proficiency, along with a clear potential for building a strong Business Analytical acumen.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
No travel is anticipated for this position.
General office environment.