Senior Front End Engineer at CardinalHire
Posted in Architecture 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
This client is building technology enabling teachers and learners to unlock their full potential. Education technology is increasingly fragmented across various applications, undermining utility and causing cognitive overload, frustration, and ultimately, rejection. This client is building a collaborative learning platform for educators to integrate content, curriculum, and analytics in one place.
To tackle this challenge, we are seeking an experienced Front-End Engineer / Director: someone who will be both an individual contributor and technical lead / mentor.
- Work with the design and product teams to set feature roadmap and release deadlines.
- Be able to lead on front end development, build and maintain high standards for work and work with the team to maintain them.
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Design and implement user-facing products.
- Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs.
- Have the foresight to recognize potential future issues and ensure the team is made aware, discusses, and mitigates the issues before they affect the business
What we look for
- 5-7+ years of experience developing with front-end web technologies.
- Commitment to mentorship, training and supporting one's teammates.
- Demonstrable experience as an effective technical team lead.
- Comfort working with CSS pre--processors (We use SASS) and strategies for writing maintaininable CSS.
Please note that this is a full time, on site position. We are not able to offer remote working opportunities at this time.
Nice to have
- A passion for education technology