Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
LOCATON: DANBURY, CT
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provide senior-level Mechanical Design, Drafting, Tolerance Analysis, and Project support for space, air, and ground based Opto-Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Payload Systems. Candidate will be part of an Integrated Product Team and responsible for executing various design activities for space-flight and non-flight ground-support mechanical systems likely having requirements including: precision stability, vibration & shock loads, extreme thermal and vacuum operation and high reliability.
* 10% - Work with a lead Mechanical Engineer to review Statement of Work, Technical Specifications, Interface Control Drawings, Schedules and Budgets.
* 25% - Evaluate flowed-down requirements and develop an appropriate design concept. Take into consideration all functional areas simultaneously in a systematic way. Applicant would be responsible for the design of space-flight hardware and/or complex ground support equipment, tooling, etc.
* 25% - Produce new design models, assembly layouts, and drawings using CREO. Create Bills of Material and release all design documents using data management software (Windchill PDMLink).
* 10% - During the 3D model design and drawing phase, evaluate all tolerance stack-up calculations for part assemblability and function.
* 10% - Be adept at the calculation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) controls per ASME Y14.5.
* 15% - Perform revisions to current designs and complete all Engineering Change Notification workflows.
* 5% - Prepare in PowerPoint & present design presentations for the purposes of reviewing and critiquing with other higher-level non-advocate peer reviewers for correctness and completeness.
* MIN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
* 10 years minimum required experience in Mechanical Design and drafting with tolerance stack-up analysis and GD&T experience.
* 10 years minimum experience required with 3D-Solid Modeling and drawing tools (CREO preferred).
* While not required, it is preferred for candidate to have hands-on experience with the assembly, manufacturing, and/or test of opto-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical hardware.
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM BACHELOR DEGREE
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.