Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
Hill-Rom is committed to a long-term vision of analyzing real-time clinical data from point-of-care devices to help caregivers understand, anticipate, and react to a patient's condition for breakthrough outcomes. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Innovation in R&D, the Director of Biomedical Informatics will pioneer and provide visionary leadership for data extraction, data warehousing, advanced analytics, and translating the findings into clinical intelligence that is actionable. This new position will provide opportunity to grow not only the role but also a team dedicated to produce actionable information to inform decision making at the patient, provider, and population levels via innovative intelligent offerings from Hill-Rom.
The Director of Biomedical Informatics provides leadership and guidance in estimating resource needs, provides overall technical direction for the strategy, design, development and implementation of applied data science and advanced analytics efforts for data analytic and statistical programming projects within the healthcare domain.
* Leads strategy, design, development and implementation of informatics, applied data science, and advanced analytics efforts for data analytic and statistical projects within the Innovation and global business units.
* Leads a team of informaticists, data scientists, and algorithm experts who advanced the strategies, analytic projects involving multiple sources of data (device-generated, patient generated, EHR, claims) and participate in strategic planning around analytic methods, technologies, staffing and training.
* Participates in activities related to data integration, data cleaning, descriptive analyses, predictive analyses, exploratory analyses, data mining, text analytics, rapid prototyping, and data visualization for example.
* Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
* Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations lead to achievement of objectives
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company
* Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people
* Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
INFLUENCE / IMPACT / INTERACTION
* Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers
* Interaction frequently involves special skills, such as negotiating with customer or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
* Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of function, division or company operations
* Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company
* Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods
QualificationsEDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Master's degree and 15 years of experience or PhD or MD and 8 years of experience in relevant field
* 10+ years of leadership experience
* 5-7 years of experience in advanced analytics, including descriptive and predictive modeling, machine learning, deep learning, or other data intensive analytical role
* 5+ years of experience contributing to and leading business development efforts and business proposals
* Expertise with clinical data and interoperability standards (CCDA, HL7, FHIR)
* Proven ability to design and leverage analytic methods to support client needs and client data driven decision-making
* Experience working with large-scale databases, big data frameworks, and tools
* Extensive experience with SAS, R, SQL, and/or Python in the application of machine learning, network analysis, text analytics and/or predictive modeling
* Experience with data visualization tools
* Proven ability to effectively communicate design specifications, data science methods and results of models to internal and external audiences
* Strong record of proven leadership ability and excellent communication skills
* Prior experience leading advanced analytical teams and/or engagements
* Experience formulating or contributing to proof of concept analyses or demos is highly desired
* Experience contributing to innovative analytical solutions is highly desired
* Clinical experience in the health care field is highly desired
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity