Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs ( CAAHEP ) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools ( ABHES ) accredited program of surgical technology, or LPN with at least 10 years in a Surgical Technician role, or certified as a surgical technologist or certified as a surgical technologist first assistant by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting ( NBSTSA ), or graduate of a military training program (validated with a DD214 or graduation certificate), or UKHC employee who is already in a Surgical Technician role as of 09/17/2016
The condition of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, the hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments. This job may require lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling which is considered "heavy work" (i.e. exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally, and 25-50 pounds of force frequently); as well as standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time
Must work three, 12-hour shifts, 7pm-7am with some weekend and holiday shifts
NEW STARTING PAY RATE . THE STARTING PAY FOR THIS POSITION WAS RECENTLY ADJUSTED . THE MINIMUM HOURLY RATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL NOW BE $21.00 HOURLY Responsibilities include: desk duties, which include chart maintenance, answer patient call lights, answer phones and assist visitors' needs, keep medical forms stocked, entering orders in hospital computer system. Keep desk and chart area clean, assist triage area which includes checking machines and equipment; cleaning beds; transfer patients and check patients in. In the labor and delivery room responsibilities include: setting up delivery tables; infant warmer; patient emergency equipment and supplies; assist with vaginal, C-section deliveries and recovery; patient care duties including taking vital signs, Inputs and outputs, and will also function as scrub tech in labor and delivery room. Given the COVID -19 pandemic, and the need to protect patient, employee, and visitor safety, UK HealthCare is requiring all employees to comply with the COVID -19 vaccination policy prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of September 15, 2021, UK HealthCare requires all employees, including new hires prior to their first day of employment, to submit appropriate documentation showing, i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID -19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID -19 (i.e., two weeks past completing their complete COVID -19 vaccination series), or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal vaccine exemption process from the COVID -19 vaccination requirement. For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID -19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Must be able to scrub for and assist with a variety of surgical cases.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* As part of your Surgical Technology education, have you completed a clinical rotation at UK Healthcare Chandler or Good Samaritan Hospitals?
* Have you or will you graduate from an accredited program of Surgical Technology?
* Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a surgical technologist.
More than 0, up through 1 year
More than 1 year, up through 3 years
More than 3 years, up through 5 years
More than 5 years
* University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
* Where did you first see this position advertised?
UK Jobs Website
Military Connection Advertisement
"I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
* University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
* Given the COVID-19 pandemic, and the need to protect patient, employee, and visitor safety, UK HealthCare is requiring all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of September 15, 2021, UK HealthCare requires all employees, including new hires prior to their first day of employment, to submit appropriate documentation showing, i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID-19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID-19 (i.e., two weeks past completing their complete COVID-19 vaccination series), or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal vaccine exemption process from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated. I understand that I will be required to comply with the new COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting employment at UK HealthCare.